I love this week's Torah portion!!
It is about Joseph. In Hebrew, the name is Yosef means "Yahovah has added".
Yeshua said" "For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me." (John 5:6). I would have loved to see the looks on the faces of the two disciples on the road to Emmaus as "Messiah added" the meaning of Yosef's life to their understanding of Messiah.
And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself. Luke 24:27Perhaps, they were told of the parallels of the salvation story, the Yeshua story at the end of their journey.
• Born through a womb opened by God.
• Loved by their father.
• Obeyed their father.
• Of the family of Israel.
• A shepherd of his father’s sheep.
• Direct recipients of prophecy from God.
• Sent to seek out and find their brothers.
• Plotted against by their kindred.
• Hated for their words of truth.
• Hated by brothers except one.
• Wearing garments dipped in blood.
• Robbed of the robes.
• Sold for silver.
• Taken to Egypt as a boy as part of God's plan.
• Stripped and put in a pit of the earth.
• Lied about concerning their pit.
• Rose up to glory out of the earth.
• Given a new life.
• A blessing to others.
• Righteous and refused temptation to sin.
• Were 30 years old at this time of their ministry.
• Falsely accused.
• Condemned with two prisoners.
• Involved with bread and wine.
• In suffered for the sake of saving many.
• Exalted to powerful rule.
• Given a gentile bride.
• Involved in providing food for the hungry.
• A provider of bread.
• Alone while saving others.
• Forgave others.
• A servant and then became highly exalted.
• Salvation to the world.
• Bowed down to.
• Purposeful in keeping their identities hidden.
• Not recognized due to their “Gentile” disguise.
• To be recognized by their own a second time.
• Knowing their family before they were known.
• Able to open eyes so their true identity could be seen.
• Offering forgiveness and reconciliation.
• Taken out of Egypt
• Returned to their father.
• Provided a gift as their father adopted and grafted in their children.
• Exalted to rule after suffering.
The good news is that the story is not over. Once again our Savior will be seen.
What does this all mean?
It means that if we want to share this message we need to be like Messiah and know the Scriptures. Just look at Matthew 4:4-10. Look at chapters 11,21 and 26 too. His response was like that in Joshua 8:31, 1Kings 2:3 and Psalms 40:7:
"It is written..."
It means we need to know "Who is the One Called Jesus". Really know Him and His teaching. It means that it is now time for all of us to repent and return as Believers, united in unison with God's covenant word. It means we must repent, return to hear and do His word if we are to walk in the faith of His Kingdom path so that you can ready your lamp for your coming assignment as you are called by His Spirit to be set apart for His service.
God is a sovereign God. He is a loving, unchanging God and He has provided a way to offer you His salvation though grace. You can accept His gift of life. Consider carefully what your own life consists of, look at it and repent of your sin, ask His forgiveness and accept His gift of love through Messiah Yeshua - Jesus Christ. Do it now and open His instruction manual for living life His way!
And if you have done this, ask God in faith to send His baptism of the Holy Spirit on you so that your life will spiritually shine as a witness to others with the love and light of Messiah as dark days ahead stare our nation in the face. Take a stand.
May God Bless as you seek your oil to light a fire pleasing to Him!